MMO Adventurers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what are you planning when the game goes live?

+3
Possum
Ehmet
IsamuTheMad
7 posters

Go down

So what are you planning when the game goes live? Empty So what are you planning when the game goes live?

Post  IsamuTheMad Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:15 am

Since Beta is coming to an end, I thought I would start a thread for us to start discussing who is planning on doing what. Character wise, I'm going to spend an absurd amount of time playing as a Smuggler/Gunslinger (Sharpshooter) and if we roll Sith alts I'll be a Bounty Hunter/Powertech (tank). Not planning on too many alts unless I just need to slow down leveling my Gunslinger.

As far as crafting is concerned, I'm still trying to decide between:

• Cybertech - Scavenging - Slicing (switch out Slicing with Underworld Trading after I get my first Speeder)
  • Armstech - Scavenging - Slicing (same thing as above except switch it out for Investigation)

My Bounty Hunter would be an Armortech - Scavenging - (have no clue for what mission skill I would take).

How many folks are thinking of doing Cybertech or Armstech? If we have a bunch of people thinking about doing modding, then I'll go more Armstech to support our Trooper and Smuggler brethren. I would probably go Cybertech though from a roleplaying perspective as I could imagine my Smuggler is more into illegal Black Market modifications. Kinda like Han Solo removing the scope from his DL-44 blaster to speed up his quick draw (that was considered an illegal mod according to the Galactic Empire). I do plan on being one of our dedicated crafters, especially considering that I have cheap labor onboard that can do all the work for me while I'm out exploring, questing, gathering, and/or raiding. Not to mention that Corso supposedly is pretty good at being an Armstech, while Bowdaar loves tinkering with electronics. I have no clue what the other companions can do.

I sort of think that anyone doing Biochem is going to make a metric ton of credits in this game, but I also think everyone and their brother, sister, cousins, aunts, uncles, and best friends are thinking that as well.

So, what are your plans?
IsamuTheMad
IsamuTheMad
Officer

Back to top Go down

So what are you planning when the game goes live? Empty Re: So what are you planning when the game goes live?

Post  Ehmet Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:29 am

I'll lead off w/a JK tank me thinks. (Though the Consular tank, looks very interesting too...) Will make my Jedi and Artificer though. Make pretty shiny crystals and such. =)
Ehmet
Ehmet
Admin

https://mmoadventurers.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

So what are you planning when the game goes live? Empty Re: So what are you planning when the game goes live?

Post  Possum Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:43 am

I plan to start with a Consular DPS. I'm still not 100% certain on whether I'll be caster or melee. Leaning to caster. I seem to play best at range. The longer the range, the better. Smile I'm not completely decided on profs. I'll likely take slicing for the raw cashflow. I might do Synthweaving, or Biochem. Or maybe whichever profession can make lightsabers. Don't recall which. Whichever of those I choose, I'll pick up a gathering skill that compliments.

As for Empire side, I don't know for certain what I'd play there. I've really been enjoying the Sith Inquisitor story line and I think I'd like to pursue that to it's end at some point. It's a really good story so far. I've played it as far as Tatooine and would love to take it further.
Possum
Possum
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  IsamuTheMad Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Artificer makes lightsabers.

Considering how many JKs and Consulars we have folks looking to play, we might need a Synthweaver or two to meet the demand. HAHAHAH! Interestingly enough though, I see we have a pretty good balance of classes on our guild page.

3 troopers
3 smugglers
3 jedi knights
4 jedi consulars
2 undecided

By the way, there is a complete list of Crew Skills at http://www.torhead.com/

The crafting skills are Armormech (Heavy and Medium - Trooper and Smuggler), Synthweaving (Heavy, Medium, Light - both Jedi's), Cybertech (mods, grenades, droid parts), Artificer (lightsabers, crystals, enhancements, and shield/power generators), Biochem (stims, adrenals, and implants), Armstech (blasters, blaster rifles, and barrels).

The gathering skills are Scavenging (scrap metal, compounds, and droids), Bioanalysis (plants and animals), Archeology (crystals and ruins), Slicing (computers and safes).

The mission skills are Underworld Trading (fabrics and metals), Investigations (compounds), Treasure Hunting (gems, crystals, and relics), and Diplomacy (light and dark side points, chemicals and samples). All of them can also grant lockboxes and companion gifts.

So good combinations of skills would be:

Artificer, Archeology, Treasure Hunting
Synthweaving, Archeology, Underworld Trading
Biochem, Bio Analysis, Diplomacy
Cybertech, Scavenging, Underworld Trading
Armstech, Scavenging, Investigations
Armormech, Scavenging, Underworld Trading

Slicing is pretty good for making money, but I wouldn't send out a companion out on missions to do it. Occasionally, you'll get a special lockbox that contains some unusual materials, schematics, or gear.
IsamuTheMad
IsamuTheMad
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  kurushio Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 pm

trooper commando checkin' in.
i'll probably end up carrying around 2 sets of gear to dps or heal as needed.

On the crew skills, i'll eventually have a little bit of everything as i get alted up.
my main though, will be a gatherer/missioner only to help keep the crafters in business (and to keep me in positive credit flow)

kurushio
kurushio
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  IsamuTheMad Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:47 pm

"She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Oh yeah, I'm so going Cybertech when the game goes live. Cybertech as it turns out, not only makes armor and weapon mods, droid parts, grenades, and earpieces; but also makes ship mods.
IsamuTheMad
IsamuTheMad
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ehmet Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:17 pm

<< is not sure if he wants a consular tank now or the Knight tank... both seem very cool... from what I can gather so far, consular is avoidance based and very good at aoe... Knight is more mitigation based and not as strong on aoe but very good @ single target. But they both look fun... *sigh*
Ehmet
Ehmet
Admin

https://mmoadventurers.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  IsamuTheMad Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:39 pm

The Jedi Knight is awesome at getting in fast and pulling threat to it on single targets, but I actually think it has more avoidance than the Consular. Not to mention heavy armor and more of the Jedi light saber fighting style that we all know and love from the movies, books, cartoons, and games. But you are right in that it lacks in the AE department. Based upon what I've seen, Jedi Knights get all the cool lightsaber moves. The Jedi Knight can not only leap into combat, but can also leap to the aid of someone being attacked. This makes them have far more mobility during a fight.

The Jedi Consular though is more shield based that the Jedi Knight. Instead of getting buffs to it's ability to deflect, it relies more upon it's shielding abilities (Kinetic Ward). But, they have far more AE abilities the the Jedi Knight, and even more if in their Combat Technique stance (Force Breach). Also, in Combat Technique, your attacks have a chance of some small heals, and some of your talents also heal you for small percentages. What the Consular does have issues with is getting to the targets quickly. If specced for it, they would rely upon Force Stealth to get them to their targets unseen and then attempt to snap AE aggro from them. Now, considering your average pug, most people would up and attack and die horribly since they have the patience of a 4 year old. Happily, is not an issue for this guild. At higher levels, through use of Force Breach and Slow Time, you might not be as dependent upon stealth, but if you spec yourself for it, you do get bonuses to force regen while stealthed and shortly after exiting stealth.

Story wise, the Jedi Knight is the BIG hero off to save the galaxy. The Jedi Consular is exploring and learning the mysteries of the galaxy, society, and the Jedi Order.

So, play whichever sounds the most fun for you.
IsamuTheMad
IsamuTheMad
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainierraoul Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 pm

JK Guardian, synthweaving and the related gathering/mission skill Smile

Rainierraoul
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Murbella Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:18 am

My original intention was to go trooper commando, but vanguard looks so freakin' awesome that at this point, I may end up leveling both Smile I have no idea yet which tradeskills I will pick. I usually do gathering skills in most MMOs so that is likely what I will do here also.

Murbella
Officer

Back to top Go down

So what are you planning when the game goes live? Empty Harumph

Post  Setaak Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:54 am

Who the hell knows what I'll do.

Setaak
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum